Some people dream of success, while other people get up every morning and make it happen.
–Wayne Huizenga (Professional Sports Team Owner)
Every morning that I wake up, I think of it as another opportunity to do something great. With this mindset – I always see the glass half-full, instead of half-empty. Sure, life does not always go as expected, but every time there is an issue how we react to the issue determines our outlook on the situation.
In order to be motivated, having goals and ideas are instrumental. Setting a goal means there needs to be action plan to accomplish the goal. Just having a goal without any action plan means the goal will remain an afterthought.
To clarify, I was not always a motivated person, in fact I was usually content with the “go with the flow” attitude and doing enough just to get by. However, that mentality gradually changed as I moved across the country for work. I needed to survive on my own, without the support system that I was used to having. Eventually, a change in mindset allowed myself to be more efficient with time and get more thing done! What it comes down to is: When you wake up each morning, only you have the decision on how your day will be!
What is my typical morning routine?
- Get a good night of Rest: A good night of sleep, usually 7-8 hours calms & relaxes the body for the upcoming day.
- Wake up around 6:00am: I am a morning person & find my most productive time in the early morning to mid-afternoon
- Drink water before consuming anything else: Your body becomes dehydrated during overnight sleep. Studies have shown, drinking a glass of water first thing in the morning helps remove toxins in the body & increases the metabolic rate.
- 1-Minute of Reflection: Think about what is good in life, what makes you smile & laugh. Keep this in the back of your mind throughout the day, as it acts as an anchor for positive thought
- Action Plan for the Day: We all have busy lives, stay organized and focused on the main things the need to be completed for the day. Keeping mental note is good, but writing it down is better!
- Run! Physical activity in the morning gives me a mental boost early in the day. I may run or workout from 20-minutes to 1-hour.
Morning Routine Video
Make Today > Yesterday