Sustainability is the key to our survival on this planet and will also determine success on all levels. -Shari Arison, businesswomen & philanthropist
…for me! I posted this picture on the ModestPlanet Instagram page this week. The picture & message from the post are promises to myself to stay motivated to making a more sustainable world.
Looking back at what 2016 was like for me, it was a great year in terms of taking the big steps of: 1) Getting Married, 2) Starting ModestPlanet, and 3) connecting with so many like-minded people. At this point last year, the 3 milestones above were not priorities at the time…
My wife & I had just gotten engaged, ModestPlanet started to progress in February/March 2016, & the connections started much later. So much can happen in one year!
With that, here are my 2017 Sustainability resolutions!
Environment & Community:
- Direct volunteer service of at least 20 weeks by end of year.
- Reduce the home energy bill by 15%
- Water use reduction by 15%
- Enhance sustainability tips & advices across all our Social Media platforms
- Help at least 100 people convert from plastic to bamboo toothbrushes
- Increase participation in sustainability communities (network groups, conferences, shows, etc.)
- Donate at least $1,000 to non-profit organizations
- Lose weight to a healthy level
- Eat a plant-based diet at least 35 weeks out of the year
- Bike more to commute, leave the car at home
- Less time in front of a screen (computer, TV, etc.)
I started a few of these goals already, so the year has started out strong. Throughout this year, I will post updates on these goals and let you all know how the progress is going. Until then, let us know what your resolutions are!!!
Make Today > Yesterday